Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's up with Construction Insurance?

Hey everybody!  I was wondering if anyone else has seen a change in the insurance market in regards to insurance.  Before the recession hit construction insurance experience was one of the top qualifications I was searching for.  I consistently had clients asking for experience working with contractors, large and small, large wrap ups, self insured funds and the like.  Some of the biggest hubs for these were Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, Denver and Phoenix.  Then the market bottomed out and I have literally seen nothing since 2008.  Now this month I'm working on five positions for large construction.  Three are in the Southeast, one is in Chicago and one is in Pennsylvania.

What are you guys seeing in the market?  Are things changing?  If so why?  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

For all of my thoughts on insurance and job hunting check out my blog at Scott the Insurance Recruiter

No comments:

Post a Comment